This morning I reviewed some of the events of last month and was pleasantly amazed at all the missions’ activities of The Ridge Church. These are activities supported in addition to the giving of your weekly tithes and offerings.
Here are a few examples:
- Thanksgiving Baskets – $715 was donated for Thanksgiving baskets and 20 families were provided a complete Thanksgiving dinner. I received several
“thank you’s” from the recipients. One individual picked up her basket with tears.
- Murphysboro Food Pantry – Funds were available to donate $125 to the Murphysboro Food Pantry. The food pantry serves residents of Jackson County.
- Spirit of Christmas – 30 individuals were touched by your generosity. These individuals would have most likely received nothing or very little for Christmas.
- Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. Not only were we able to fill 64 shoeboxes with fun and practical items for children a whole world away, we were also able to raise the shipping cost for each shoebox ($9/each).
In addition, the month of December provides more missions’ opportunities.
- Lights Fantastic Parade – Ride The Ridge Church float this Saturday December 7, and let people know that “Jesus is Born.” Hot Chocolate and cookies provided! See Lisa Hottensen for details.
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering – 100% of this offering is used to provide support for international missionaries and their families.
- Hand out Postcards – Be a missionary. Invite those around you to attend the Cantata on December 22 and the Christmas Eve service.
- Pregnancy Matters – We will collect diapers for Pregnancy Matters during our Christmas Eve service.
Thank you for your support of missions at home, far away, and places in between.