What a great Thanksgiving meal we enjoyed together Sunday evening! Everything was superb. I want to thank you for your presence and the warm fellowship that we experienced. What a great congregation the Lord has brought together through The Ridge Church!
Please join me in thanking Jamie Robison, Nikki Perschbacher, and Lois Anderson for taking the lead ensuring that everything was just right. I know they had lots of help and I thank you all for making our Thanksgiving meal possible. And, ooh wasn’t that some of the best turkey, mashed potatoes, and dressing that you’ve ever tasted?
Sunday, the Children’s two class led by Jenny Hertter asked the Sunday School/Small group leaders to write down their favorite Bible story and explain why. Everyone participated and the results were amazing. The purpose of the assignment was to reinforce in the children the truth that the entire Bible has meaning from the first page to the last. Also, each part of the scripture has application from the Old Testament through the New Testament. Here are a few random examples.
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego because they did the right thing even though they were unsure of the outcome.
- Feeding the Five Thousand because it shows how Jesus meets the needs of people. It must have been amazing for the crowd to realize how Jesus can bless a small lunch, eat all you want, and have leftovers!
- Joseph’s rise from abandoned by his brothers to Pharaohs top person because it is a great example of having faith in God in the toughest of circumstances.
- Moses parts the Red Sea because it demonstrates God’s power and God’s willingness to use it for his people. He loves us so much.
- Parable of the Good Samaritan because it shows it only takes the kindness of one person to do something good for someone else.
- The veil of the Temple torn from top to bottom because it shows that we now have direct access to God without going through a priest.
- Peter cutting off the ear of the soldier and Jesus heals him because it shows that we can’t go around hurting people just because we disagree.
What’s your favorite Bible story and why? Let me know.